We are setting Units a challenge for young people in the Unit to plan, prepare and deliver their own training weekend with their Unit. We hope to encourage young people to take ownership of their Jamboree preparations, as well as help them to develop skills that will be useful for the Jamboree, and beyond.
To complete this challenge, young people should shape their Unit training camp in the following ways:
- Plan a full programme of activities for the Unit. Young people should run at least half of these activities – one of which should be educational/skills based.
- With support from the Unit Leadership Team: select and book accommodation for the camp (if this has not already been done).
- Help leaders to produce a list of equipment the Unit will need for their event.
- Leaders should support the young people to understand budgeting for a camp.
- Plan a menu and undertake the cooking.
- Manage the timings of the event.
- Patrol Leaders should encourage as many members of the Unit as possible to play a role in delivering the camp.
- Use the Unit’s social media platforms to celebrate their efforts in planning and delivering a Scout Camp! #YouShape #UK24WSJ
Units can also use a reunion event after the Jamboree to undertake this award.
If Units fulfil these criteria, the young people will be awarded with the Youth Shaped Challenge Award.
To have your Unit’s efforts validated, you need to contact your member of the CST