The UK Contingent team have produced a set of guidelines to help you promote the UK Contingent brand for the 24th World Scout Jamboree. They have set out basic rules to follow when using the UK Contingent designs. This information includes:-
- Colour Palette
- Uses of logos
A copy of the UK Contingent Logo, ‘Tea Bear’ and ‘The Bear’ can be downloaded as a zip file. Should you require EPS versions, please contact us.
Use of 24th World Scout Jamboree Logo
Units are not permitted to use the 24th World Scout Jamboree logos. Information about the organiser’s brand guidelines can be found here.
As included in “Unit Talking Points – November 2017”, one way of involving young people in Unit decision making is involving young people in creating the Unit Logo.
Here are some potential steps and things to think about:
- Read the brand guidelines for an overview of how you can incorporate aspects of the UK Contingent visual identity into your logo. Share the possibilities with the young people in your Unit.
- Ask your Unit members to generate potential colours, images and shapes which represent the host countries.
- Ask your Unit members to come with colours, images and shapes which represent their local area(s).
- Ask Unit members to create sketches or visual representation(s) of the ideas generated.
- Check design elements against the brand guidelines.
- Choose preferred designs (or elements of design) of the logo and arrange a vote of options. Why not use the voting techniques in the Starter Pack.
- Have someone with skills (maybe a young person in the Unit with design skills) to complete the final logo.
Don’t forget – if your Unit logo uses either ‘The Bear’ or ‘Tea Bear’ in the design it must be submitted to the UK Contingent prior to the logo being finalised.