Fee Information for Counties and Countries
UK Contingent Unit Members
We are delighted to announce that the UK Contingent fee for Unit members (young people and adults) for the 24th World Scout Jamboree in North America 2019 will be £3,495
Notes for Participants/Parents: There are likely be some additional local charges from your County/Country for preparatory events, so please ensure you are clear what your local fee is.
Fundraising to reduce the cost for participants is highly encouraged and advice on supporting this will be provided to Unit Leaders. There will also be grant support available to assist attendees in circumstances of specific personal or financial hardship to attend the Jamboree. Further information about the value and criteria for these grants will be available on the UK Contingent website in the coming months.
The fee includes the following:
- Flights between the UK and North America and transfers whilst in North America.
- The Jamboree at the Summit Bechtel Reserve, West Virginia, USA from the 22nd July to the 2nd August 2019. There will be a full programme while on site. Tents, cookware and cooking supplies (except for personal mess kits), dining shelters, tools to set up and tables for food preparation will be provided by the Jamboree Organisers for Units, the use of which are included in the fee.
- A Big City Experience that will give Units the chance to visit a North American City where they will help design their own programme, learn new skills and find out more about the City’s culture.
- The UK Contingent Post Event will be a chance for all UK Units to meet together and share an experience unique to the UK Contingent. The event will be a celebration of North American culture.
- HoHo: We are delighted to be able to offer a HoHo experience for all Units. Participants will stay in the United States of America or Canada and gain knowledge and understanding of everyday life in North America. The fee includes transportation costs, accommodation and food.
- Kit: Branded UK Jamboree uniform and some additional kit will be provided for the trip and can be kept as mementos of the 24th World Scout Jamboree. We will work with young people to help us select and design the kit that will be provided as part of the fee.
Notes on food
Food and drinks will be provided on flights between the UK and North America. When in North America meals will be provided for Unit Members or on occasions, money may be allocated to Units for purchasing meals.
Breakdown of Costs
A breakdown of the fee for Unit Members is shown below:
Payment of Fees
Unit member fees will be paid locally to Counties/Countries. Counties/Countries will then pay the UK Contingent at The Scout Association directly.
The UK Contingent Management Team (CMT) has worked hard to provide value for money and put much effort into achieving the advertised fee.
Wherever possible, the CMT will endeavour to reduce costs and make savings on the Contingent Fee, although this cannot be guaranteed. Any reduction in fee would not be realised until early 2019.
UK Contingent International Service Team (IST)
A number of options are being made available to adults joining IST as follows:
Option A – Jamboree and IST Post Event, including all flights and North American internal transfers provided from UK regional airports.
Option B – Jamboree, including all flights and internal transfers provided from UK regional airports.
Option C – Jamboree only.
Option D – Jamboree and IST Post Event.
Further IST Information
For All Options: Kit, meals on site and use of a tent is included. The IST fee will also include attendance at a UK based training event in 2018 and to a UK Contingent event in May 2019.
For Options A and B: The exact dates are to be confirmed but the arrival date at the Summit Bechtel Reserve for IST is likely to be one or two days before the start date (22nd July 2019) of the Jamboree (depending on allocated role) with departure on 3rd August 2019.
For Options C and D: Jamboree Organisers will arrange transport from Charlotte Douglas airport (CLT) North Carolina, Yeager airport Charleston (CRW) West Virginia or Prince Amtrak railway station, Beckley, West Virginia to the Jamboree site.
The fees for the options described above are as follows:
Fundraising to reduce the cost for IST is highly encouraged. There will also be some grant support available to assist attendees in circumstances of specific personal or financial hardship to attend the Jamboree. Further information about the value and criteria for these grants will be available on the UK Contingent website in the coming months.
IST Payment Schedule
The proposed schedule of payments for IST is outlined in the table below.
|IST - Option A||£300||£700||£700||£700||£595||£2,995|
|IST - Option B||£300||£700||£600||£600||£550||£2,750|
|IST - Option C||£300||£300||£300||£300||£300||£1,500|
|IST - Option D||£300||£375||£375||£375||£375||£1,800|
IST Members will be responsible for direct payment of their fees to the UK Contingent. These will be collected electronically by the UK Contingent Registration Website.